Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Two words: Stevie Wonder

Wow, what a show.

I certainly don't want to be the guy who rambles on, talking about how great something was that obviously not everybody experienced, but I do want to get across the point that STEVIE WONDER IS A MUSICAL GENIUS!

I caught him at the Bank Of America Pavillion on Thursday night, and it was just unreal. He basically played evey song I would have wanted him to play, and didn't play the ones I was hoping he wouldn't (can you say "I Just Called To Say I Love You")? His voice sounded great, his keyboard and harmonica playing were awe inspiring - it was simply amazing.

Now, I know that I'm not always a "deep" human being, but this show struck a serious nerve. I think because he was playing songs from the past 25 - 30 yers of my life, and I was thinking about all the stuff that Stevie has been through with me (though he may not know it). It was like doing a little time travelling, without ever having to set foot in your friend Marty's DeLorean.

Stevie said he may be coming back this way to make up for the cancelled second show. If he does - go see him. 'Nuff said.

peace out
George

1 comment:

Kim said...

HEY George!
Wow,
you got to see Stevie!
How cool.
I know how much you love him.

Been wanting to "blog" to you for a while,just now finding the time to join in!

I went to that Pats game on the 17th.
That was fun! My 1st time.

I know that skunk issue too,only it happened to my nephew!
He still has skunk-mares 10 years later!
OOO that smell.PHEW!

Still miss you in the evening, George!

But listen when I can in the a.m.
Love ya,
<3
Kim