Monday, October 15, 2007

Meerkat Mania

Okay, I'll admit it, I get a big kick out of places like the zoo and the aquarium. Something about the different creatures.
So, here's the headline from creature world - meerkats at the Stone Zoo.
I love that show on Animal Planet, Meerkat Manor, and when I heard that the Stone Zoo had meerkats, I had to pay a visit. I love going to th ezoo anyway, and the two closets to home for me, the Franklin Park Zoo and the Stone Zoo are both awesome.
It was really cool seeing the meerkats in person!
they looked a lot like the ones on the show, although maybe a bit plumper. I'm guessing that's a factor of the captive meerkats not having as much room to run around as their brethren in the wild.
The snow leopards at the Stone Zoo are awesome, too. I love the big cats (jury is still out on how I feel about smaller cats - see "skunk" posting).
The gila monster is also really cool. If you're not hip to the Gila (pronounced HEE-la), it's a big lizard found in the southwest US and Mexic. It's unusual in that it is a venomous lizard.
I had a ribber gila monster when I was a kid. I forget its name.

Let's chat again soon
George

No comments: